Hey!Happy New 2022 and the first blog of 2022 is out :)
What exactly is e-design for the interior? Literally means interior design online, without a in-person meeting. The cost of e-design is much lower, because the designer does not have to spend time on site, on the road and in many meetings. Online interior design also does not require as much time to complete it, it only takes a few weeks from the moment of purchase.
As well as e-design has no distance limit, it can be done regardless of the country of residence, international sellers of design goods are offered.
When and why to choose E-Design:
- If you feel comfortable communicating with the designer only online - via email, calls, digital environment.
- If you like DIY yourself. If you know how to measure the room and take all the necessary pictures that the designer will need to start the design project. If you do not have problems shopping on your own, and also arrange a room. (Remember that for all this I have prepared a detailed description for you, which is part of the design package, and you can simply follow the instructions given by me step by step and the end result will be worth it!)
- If you already know how you want to feel in your room, there is already a clear style you want to apply, but you want the interior design to be unique and designed just for you, but you are not sure how to integrate it directly into the parameters of your room.
- If you want to save money, because the budget is limited and you want most of the budget to go directly to design.
- If you don't have much time left to develop a design and want to get it as soon as possible.
- If you are abroad and want to furnish your home in the country where you currently live, e-design has no distance limit.
Myths about e-design:
- E-design is easier for the designer, it is not at all true, the development of e-design takes time, and the process is almost the same as meeting in-person.
- E-design is not customer focused, not unique. On the contrary, e-design is developed individually for each customer who purchased the e-design package, for each customer is sent a questionnaire with questions to get to know the customer and his needs for the design project, as well as a consultation call with the customer after receiving the questionnaire to specify more detailed issues or needs in design project.
- E-design makes it possible to buy cheap interior items. It must be understood that things pay for what they pay for and I do not have the power to change that, unfortunately :)
Hope this was helpfull. DM or comment below if you have some questions :)
This week's blog post is about how I can help you with your home's design. I can help you either if it's a big or small project either you are building a new house or just renovating.
And the final way for me to help you is online interior design packages, these are useful when you have all the time to do it yourself but not really sure of where to buy furniture and how to make color and material schemes for your space and you can do it at your own pace. Still with professional interior designer guidance.
Kitchen layout. When you enter the kitchen the first thing should be the refrigerator.Always make sure to have 40cm free space on the top of the fridge for air circulation and also must have a workspace beside it at least 60cm. Next is the sink and between the sink and cooktop food prep area must be at least 1m ,the oven can be under the cooktop if you don't use it as often,but if you do, it is better to have it on your eye level. Keep in mind the kitchen work triangle as shown in the picture below, there are many different shaped kitchens but the work triangle must remain the same length which is 4m-8m long.
The layout of the living room.
Hey , this week's blog is about layout.Also I think one of the most important parts of the interior design.
In your home there are two zones- the first is public and second is private. Public- hallway,living room, dining area, kitchen and powder room and private are all the rest of the rooms in your home.
After you have measured your room, go to Pinterest and start to make a moodboard of the style and overall look of your living room that you like the most. After choosing a color scheme and picking materials and fabrics that are going to be used in the room's design. Once you are happy with your mood board it's time to do space planning.
So here is the most important rule of how to do space planning for the living room - there are NO RULES.
The Living room must be designed around your individual needs.
Still there are few things to consider
1)when entering the living room it must be welcoming, don't face furniture back facing the entry.
2)if it's possible, leave area around the windows free.
3)if in your home more than 2 persons are living, must have at least 2 seating areas such as sofa and armchair ect..
4)TV unit should be placed where no one will distract the viewer when enjoying a favorite movie.
5)make sure that you don't overdo, only having furniture that will be used and leave space clutter free.
6)Finally, the distance between the sofa and armchair should be between 2500-3658, for a simple reason as to be heard without raising your voice.
Hope you find this helpful!
Comment below if there is anything more I can help you with your space planning.
How to measure a room?
Adding some examples how to measure a room
This will be handy when buying a paint or wallpaper.
If you looking for more design tips how to design your own space follow on my IG account @mksinterior_